NorthWest Arkansas Community College is excited to be sponsoring the Northwest Arkansas Region 10 History Day competition on March 9, 2019 for our 8th consecutive year.
Public Viewing of Projects:
All documentary showings and performances in Burns Hall are open to the public during the competition from 9 AM to 12 PM on March 9, 2019.
The Exhibit Hall at the Shewmaker Center will be open for public viewing from 1 PM-3 PM.
4th & 5th Grade posters will be on display in the Exhibit Hall at the Shewmaker Center for public viewing from 1 PM-3 PM.
Click on the above link February 22-March 9 for the official Schedule of Interviews on March 9, 2019.
March 9, 2019 is the Region 10 History Day Event on the NWACC Main Campus.
One College Drive
Poster contest for 4th and 5th grades
Click here to see
Samples of Judging Forms for National History Day
Historical Quality (60%)
- Historical accuracy
- Historical context
- Analysis and interpretation
- Use of available primary sources
- Wide research
- Balanced research
Relation to Theme (20%)
- Clearly relates to theme
- Demonstrates significance of topic in history and draws conclusions
Clarity of Presentation (20%)
- Presentation, written materials are original, clear, appropriate, organized and articulate
- Entry is organized; visual impact is appropriate to topic